Monday, November 9, 2009

12 More Days.....The Countdown Has Begun.....


Monday, November 9, 2009



Well, have you been missin' me??  I haven't blogged in almost two weeks and I'm having blog withdrawls........so today, its officially BLOG DAY!!


We have 12 more days till Mike and Kim sign away their neighbors.......it's funny; I know them SO well, that when they just read that last line, they both said, "Geezzz Liz, its hard enough; stop it already!" but nope, not gonna do it!!!  They will have to feel our pain........

I've always called Mike and Kim my "minimalist" friends, as they are completely opposite of me when it comes to decorating.  To them, Less is More.  To me, More is even Better!  Anyone who knows me and has seen my house, knows that I like "stuff" everywhere......I'm comforted by my stuff around me.  I seriously wouldn't last 5 minutes in a white walled room with no pictures on the wall and no curtains made from hot glue.  I watch them pack up a weekend home; yes, a "weekend home"; not their primary residence where you have most of your stuff, but a second home where you keep just the essentials.  I keep hearing them saying things like, "How do we have this much stuff??" and "I thought we were minimalists".......and I laugh.  What they are forgetting is that once I finished decorating our house, I decorated THEIR house.....thus the reason for all the "stuff" they are having to pack up.  They are having an "Ah ha......." moment right now.  It just dawned on them why they are having to purchase more boxes.


This past weekend, they arrived at the lake as usual on Friday evening and we did what we all always do  on Friday evening, and that is head to the Marina for pizza (not counting the time a few months ago we boycotted the Marina for a few months due to the increase in price on the caesar salad!  Try as we may to keep up the boycott, we just couldn't; we love the pizza too much.....but you can bet we NEVER order the caesar salad anymore!!).  We got our usual 2 large pizza's and for just a little while, we pretended nothing was changing.  We forgot that we were less than two weeks away from not having our minimalist friends here anymore for these special Friday night get-togethers........for just a little while, things were normal.



But then Kim said she had to go to Home Depot for more boxes.  You know, because they have so much "stuff" here........and we were back to reality.

BTW, they still have "stuff" to sell if you're interested......check it out at my website on LizBay at 



http://www.lizetheridge.com/Liz_Etheridge/LizBay.html

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz: Betty Faber here, wow after reading your last Blog, I wanted to cry also. The lake people are very special to me also. You are the best. I will always treasure my time at the lake house, and being in the company of such really genuine friends.
Of course Kim& Mike are such giving, caring individuals. I hope we get to see you sometime while we are down for the winter. Thanks so much for including me in your e-mail buddy group.

Love you guys

Betty

Anonymous said...

I do believe that it is not a vacation home! They have two homes that they spend time at equally, lest we forget the voting issue?!

Pat

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for keeping me posted on your life - sounds like you all picked the best possible place to live.
We are leaving Monday for a 30-day trip (Carolyn Crossley, as usual, will be checking all my messages and handling stuff). Part of the time (I think Dec. 1-14) we will be sailing west across the Atlantic to Sao Paulo, Brazil, then home.

Have a great Thanksgiving!!
Love, Isla