Wednesday, January 13, 2010

OUCH x2


Wednesday, January 13, 2010



OUCH!  Actually, I'm feeling a couple of "ouches" today.....

The first "ouch" is to my neck and back where, after many years of enjoying a tan, I am paying the price.  This was Mose Surgery Day and I think the numbing shots have now worn off......errrrrrrr......so as I sit here with ice packs on the spots where I used to have skin cancers, I must tell you about my other "ouch".....

You may recall my last Blog was on Redneck East Texas lingo and a new restaurant we visited this past weekend.  Well, I realize by some of your comments that most of you knew I was kidding when I used the East Texas lingo with regards to the restaurant workers, but some legitimately took offense.  Truth is, the food was incredible, the staff were wonderful and the interior was "as cute as a bug's ear."

Let me explain further.  Earlier this week, I got a kick out of listening to two good ol' boys having a conversation using some colorful East Texas lingo at a store I was visiting.  This, in turn, got my mind thinking.........I googled "East Texas Lingo" and got ALL kinds of hits.....I was in East Texas Lingo Heaven.......Then I remembered the restaurant we visited this past weekend and well, it just all fell together.  The restaurant personnel said none of the lingo I used in the Blog which, I erroneously thought was evident.   It never occurred to me when I wrote it that anyone would be offended or take the Blog seriously and I am sincerely sorry to anyone who might have.

Sooooooo, I hope everyone is okay; that the restaurant gets many, many new patrons and again, I'm sorry I was "about half a bubble off plumb", that my brain was as "empty as a winter rain barrel" and that I put "the "e" in ignorant"............

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet they didn't speak like Brits! Or Pakistani's either!
oh well.
ant ellie
p.s. take care of the derm ouch...the one that really counts!

Anonymous said...

( Deep Redneck Accent Implied) Well girl I reckon you done figured out that you go insultin us rednecks, you done messed with the wrong crowd. We don't go fer no high faluttin, uppity, snippy, city girl a tellin us how "the cow eats the cabbage." I'm right sorry that you got yer tail in a crack but sometimes you just gotta have a "life experience" to know just how it is with folks. Now I gotta get back to my moonshine still afore this batch eats through the boiler so you go try not to get in any more trouble and treat that there husban o' yourn with a little more respect and we'll hollar at ya later. Bye now!

Mark

Anonymous said...

I do enjoy your blog or newsletter. Just to let you know, nothing you have said has offended me yet. On the contrary, I have been most amused, as I've heard and seen most of what you "poke fun" at, and it's true and amusing and nothing malicious about it. Your stories are delightful. Ever in the DFW area, maybe we can meet for lunch or dinner. Keep up the good work! Debra