Monday, February 15, 2010

"Chuck DOES Remember Names.......Sordof"

Monday, February 16, 2010

Happy Post Valentines Day!!

WE HAVE ELECTRICITY!!!  This is such good news cause we were starting to "smell" and needed a shower.....

This is going to be a quick Blog today cause I'm heading into town to surprise my Mom with a Girls Day Out......these things have a way of backfiring on me (surprises, that is...), so here's hoping I'm not the one who gets the surprise......

Ok, now for those of you who know my Chuck real well, know he's not so good with names..... people come up to him all the time at the grocery store, at church, at restaurants that know his name, yet he can never, ever remember their names or their faces.  Now, most of us have this problem, myself included, however, his is a little worse than most....matter of fact, the first thing I say to him each morning is, "Good morning, my name is Liz....I am your wife."   Sometimes I tell him I'm his girlfriend and he better get going before my husband gets home, but thats only if he made me get up in the middle of the night to take the dog out and I want to get even with him.  ANYWAY, he's telling me tonight about running into the pharmacy clerk in the produce section of the grocery store today and how she came up to him and said, "Hi Chuck, how's it going?"  He knew she was the pharmacy clerk, but just couldn't remember her name, so he just used his old standby phrase, "Hey Good Lookin', how's it going?"......that usually works pretty well for him, but today, she said to him, "You don't remember my name, do you?".  Now, he's not used to people actually "calling" him on his poor memory and he had that moment of panic when the few hairs on his head stand on end and his mind is racing a thousand miles a minute....and then it hit him.......her name was Sheila!  So, he said, "Sure I remember your name, SHEILA".   I got to tell ya; my man was proud of himself......very very proud of himself.......So, I, of course always trying to burst that bubble of his, said to him, "Are you sure her name was Sheila and she wasn't just letting you get by with calling her Sheila?"  He, very proudly, said, "Nope, I'm sure that was her name......that was the name on her name tag!".........And there you have it........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've had the best laugh on this blog...started the day
out laughing...my favorite saying is "what's her face" and the funny thing is that the one I am talking to can't remember either but knows exactly who I am talking about...that's scarey.What would we do if we couldn't
have a little fun thinking about what we do normally.
ant ellie

Anonymous said...

luv it!! luv you & Chuck too.
Mary Lee